With Honeycomb’s Inspector App, you can perform the mandatory property inspection easily by using your smartphone!
This allows for a faster approval with no unnecessary delays. Your policy only goes into effect once it has been completed and approved.
No download required!
The inspector app functions just like a regular smartphone app, but it’s fully web-based.
All you have to do is to open the inspection email we sent you, click on the link, and you’ll be able to start your inspection right away.
Don’t worry - if you are unable to complete the entire inspection in one go, you can save the process and return to it later, just pay attention to the deadline.
Beware of the deadline
Please note that your inspection must be completed within the deadline you received by email. Failure to do so will result in a notice of cancellation.
Getting ready for the inspection
The entire inspection takes place in the Honeycomb Inspector App. Before you start your inspection tour, it’s important to be aware of the following:
- In some cases, you’ll be required to amend the location settings on your phone so the app can verify you are located in the yet-to-be insured property during the inspection:
- It’s important for us to get the most up-to-date photos, so the inspector app will only allow you to take photos on site from the app itself, and you cannot upload from an existing gallery.
- The inspection is both outdoors and indoors, so don’t forget to take the keys to all the relevant properties with you!
- If you are unable to perform the inspection yourself, you can send the inspection link to the property manager or an acquaintance to perform the inspection on your behalf.
The inspection process
First, you need to choose the property you’d like to inspect:
Then, you can start your inspection, which is arranged by sections that will assure you won’t be hustling around too much:
Then enter each category:
- For each exterior wall of the insured property, there will be a matching illustration describing which wall you are expected to capture.
- If you have a detached garage for example, the inspector app will ask you to capture it as well.
In the building interior, there are two sections:
- If any of the required objects or rooms don’t exist in the inspected property, you may skip them by clicking the “skip” button.
- In the interior unit section, you will be asked to choose the number of units you are about to inspect:
You can then start your unit inspection that will include the following:
- Living room
- Water heater
- Washers and dryers
- Electrical panel
Did any of the photos you took turn out blurry, or they weren't framed properly? Don’t worry, you will be able to retake them.
After you finish capturing and submitting all of the above, your inspection will be completed!
We’re always here to help you out!
If you have any questions about the Honeycomb Inspector App, feel free to get in touch with our customer support team at email@example.com