Getting an insurance quote for your rental property or HOA/COA is easy with Honeycomb. Anyone can go to our website and get a direct quote without having to wait on manual inspections or approvals that tend to be lengthy and require a substantial amount of paperwork. As you can see in the video, it doesn't take more than a few minutes to complete the process.
Quote Walkthrough: Here’s How You Do It
1. Go to honeycombinsurance.com and type in your address to start the quote process.
2. After inserting your address to the platform, you will be directed to our application process where you will be asked whether you are looking to insure. Simply select the type of property you want to get coverage for
- A condo association
- A multi-family rental
- A single-family rental
3. After selecting the property type, you will be asked some important details about the property that we need in order to give you the best possible quote. It’s important to be as accurate as possible. The details we need are:
- Type of construction. You need to specify whether your property is a) Wood frame b) Joisted Masonry c) Masonry non-combustible d) Non-combustible e) Modified fire-resistive
- Year built - the year your property was built
- Total square footage - the total square footage of the building including any common areas and garages and excluding the basement.
- Number of units - Number of condo units or apartments within the insured property. If it’s a single-family rental, insert 1.
- Number of vacant units - Number of units vacant that do NOT have an owner or renter residing in them.
- Number of buildings - If the property has more than one building in the same location.
- Number of parking spaces - Attached and detached parking garages
- Number of stories - how many floors you have in the unit
4. Facilities & Usage. In this section, you simply check the box if the property includes one or more of the following:
- Swimming pool - if there is a swimming pool on the property
- Playground - does the property have a playground?
- Mercantile - If the property contains a business of any kind. This does not apply if it’s a work-from-home arrangement
- Sprinklers - Check this box if at least 75% of the property is covered by a functional and annually tested sprinkler system
- Short-term rentals - if you rent out property on airbnb or similar short-term rental arrangements
- New purchase - If the property was purchased in the last 6 months
5. Building systems - here we ask you to specify when was the last full replacement of the following building systems. You just need to give us a range and specify wether it was 5 years, 5-15 years ago, 15-30 years ago, or over 30 years ago
- Electrical system
- HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air conditioning)
- Water heater
6. Property condition and maintenance. In this section we are asking you to fill in some specifics about certain aspects of your property. We offer great rates to properties that are well maintained, so it's important to be as accurate as possible.
- Flat (BUR,TPO) : Roof has flat parts. Made of Built-Up Roofing (BUR) or Rubber Bitumen/TPO
- Metal or Clay : Roof made mostly of metal or Clay/Concrete parts
- Shingle : Roof made of shingles, and mostly medium slope
- Siding : The building exterior is covered with Wood, Vinyl, Hardie or Stucco
- Brick-Siding Mix : The building exterior is covered partialy w/ Brick and/or Siding
- Brick or Masonry : The building exterior is covered 100% w/ Brick
Heating, Ventilation & AC Service
- >24mo : Last service was more than 24 months ago
- <> 24mo : Serviced at least once within the past 24 months
- @ 12mo : Serviced regularly at least every 12 months
- >24mo : Last inspection was more than 24 months ago
- @12mo : Plumbing and fixtures are inspected regularly at least every 12 months
- Smart : Property contains leak detection sensors, auto shutoff valve and drain pans under washing machines. Plumbing and fixtures inspected regularly every 12 months.
Parking & Walkways
- Fair : Some cracks and potholes in parking lots and walkways
- Normal: Normal wear and tear
- Recently Paved : Parking and walkways were repaved within the last 12 months
- As needed : Maintenance as needed. No contract with specific company
- Contracted : Maintenance company contracted
- 24/7 : On call management. Emergency on-call maintenance 24/7. Monthly and seasonal preventative maintenance. Maintenance and management staff are fully certified
7. The last step of the process is simply to fill in some contact details and desired insurance coverage limits.
- Name insured: Any person, firm, or organization, or any of its members specifically designated by name as an insured(s) in an insurance policy, as distinguished from others that, although unnamed, fall within the policy definition of an 'insured'.
- Building Limit in lieu of Building Replacement Cost Limit: The Estimated Reconstruction Cost value provided is the estimated cost to rebuild the structure. This is not the cost of the building new but the reconstruction cost. Included are labor/material costs, architect’s fees, designer’s fees, permits, engineering fees, etc. This reconstruction cost includes rebuilding to code and building back a structure of equal dimensions, quality and use, with modern materials and techniques. This estimated replacement cost is provided by our partner e2Value and is not a substitute for a professional appraisal. We do not certify the accuracy of the estimate. You, as the insured, are in the best position to determine the appropriate limits of insurance. The Building Limit you, as he insured, selected is the maximum amount you could claim for property damages originating from a covered peril.
- Business Personal Property limit: Any property owned in common by the condo owners or the HOA/COA
- Annual Business Income Limit: the amount of Business Income insurance you will need to cover your Business Income exposure in the event of a covered loss. You can use our calculator in the quote flow to get an estimate of what your Business Income is
- Effective date - The date from which you would like your insurance coverage to start.
- Email - the email address you wish to recieve the details to
- Phone - The phone number we can reach you on if needed
- Current carrier - if you are currently insured by another insurance company, please specify which one
At the very end, we have our yes and no eligibility section where you just need to answer yes or no to whether there have been claims in the past, policy cancelations, or if there are any issues with the property such as mold or knob-and-tube wiring etc. the last question is whether you already have an active insurance policy for the property.
And that’s it! By answering these questions, you will be directed to your quote where you are able to review the coverage plan. You can also edit your details to make sure the coverage is in line with your needs.
If you have any questions about the quote process, you always contact us either by email email@example.com or call us on our toll free number (877) 415-8901. We look forward to having you onboard!